Friday, August 31, 2012

when is boot time?



It's no secret on this blog that I'm very much enamored of boots. I look at them year-round trying to decide what new pair I'll buy in the fall. So, needless to say, when the months start to creep closer to cooler weather, I get the itch to break them out. That's assuming it will get cold enough here to actually wear them this fall/winter. (Bonus: I'm glad they'll cover up my inevitable cankles.)

I'm fully aware that August 31 is way too early to wear a knee boot, but when do you think is an appropriate time? I can't decide. After Labor Day? After the first official day of fall (September 22)? Not till October? At the first nip in the air? I'm interested to hear your thoughts...

Have a great weekend, darlings. Football season finally begins! Go Dawgs!

4 comments:

  1. Well, according to the lovely college girl walking in our building this afternoon, August 31 is a grand time to wear knee-high boots. With fur. With shorts.

    Dear me.

    Long live the boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I recently found your blog through qa design. (Jenna is doing a blog redesign for me too). Anyway, I'm a relatively new reader and a first time commenter.

    I vote for the first available opportunity. For me, that's usually at the slightest suggestion of a nip in the air. Fall is my favorite time of year. I do everything I can to expedite it's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Labor Day + a nip in the air. And I'm right there with you on can't wait to cover the cankles! :)

    ReplyDelete